SURVIVORS OF SUICIDE SUPPORT GROUP
4TH TUESDAY OF EACH MONTH
V.A. HOSPITAL – DUBLIN, GEORGIA
SECOND FLOOR CONFERENCE ROOM
7:00 P.M. – 8:30 P.M.
For More Information Contact:
Scott Warren 478-290-1930
Tina Clements 478-278-1293
CSBMG & THE SUICIDE PREVENTION COALITION DUBLIN-LAURENS
REFERRALS AND WALK-INS ARE WELCOME!!!
Who is at risk of suicide?
A combination of individual, relational, community, and societal factors contribute to the risk of suicide. Risk factors are those characteristics associated with suicide—they may or may not be direct causes.
Family history of suicide
- Family history of child maltreatment
- Previous suicide attempt(s)
- History of mental disorders, particularly clinical depression
- History of alcohol and substance abuse
- Feelings of hopelessness
- Impulsive or aggressive tendencies
- Cultural and religious beliefs (e.g., belief that suicide is a noble resolution of a personal dilemma)
- Local epidemics of suicide
- Isolation, a feeling of being cut off from other people
- Barriers to accessing mental health treatment
- Loss (relational, social, work, or financial)
- Physical illness
- Easy access to lethal methods
- Unwillingness to seek help because of the stigma attached to mental health and substance abuse disorders or to suicidal thoughts
Suicide Survivor Resources: