SPC Youth Advisory Council – Community Awareness Projects for December/Christmas Season
Dublin Exchange Club Christmas Parade – SPC Float
OFLTC – Festival of Trees – SPC Theme Tree
The Youth Advisory Council Members are designing a float and designing ornaments for these projects to help raise awareness in the local community.
A special word of thanks goes out to them for the dedication and support.
REMEMBER TO RSVP BY 3/25/11 IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND THE MARCH MEETING ON 3/29/11 AT 11:30 A.M.
Unmasking The Darkness
During the January 2011 Suicide Prevention Coalition it was suggested that a brief statement addressing the goals of this tentative event for the Fall of 2011 be sent out to the Coalition Members to provide information needed to promote this event and to solicit community involvement from various agencies, organizations, clubs, business/industry, school systems, and citizens-at-large. Please use the information as follows:
- To raise awareness of Suicide Prevention in the local community
- To recruit members for the Dublin-Laurens Suicide Prevention Coalition
- To engage local business owners and local industries
- To educate the community about signs of suicide and sources of assistance and referral
- To decrease stigma related to suicide
- To identify survivors of suicide in the local community
- To raise awareness about Survivor’s of Suicide (SOS) Support Group Meetings
- To spread the word about what the Dublin-Laurens Suicide Prevention Coalition is doing in the community and what they have To offer to the community (QPR, Survivor’s of Suicide Support Groups, suicide prevention education)
- To identify potential QPR (Question Persuade Refer) Instructors
- Fundraising Event